Tuesday, August 19, 2008

12:46 - Chagrin

Listening to the radio last night, I wondered whether classes would be canceled here at FIT today due to the high wind a driving rain. Considering the fact that 1000+ students here rely upon their feet and their bicycles to get to and from class, I assumed that our school administration would give us a break and cancel classes for the day.
As I listened to the long list of schools, school districts, and universities/colleges being read off, I was somewhat surprised when I heard the words "Florida Tech will hold classes tomorrow..."
I do not dislike my classes or my new school, but I did not look forward to riding my bike to class today.
Fortunately for me, I have only two classes scheduled for Tuesday. One of those classes is chemistry lab that was held at 8:00 this morning. The ride to and from the Olin Physical Science Buidling was breezy and slightly wet, but bearable.
However, the ride to my second class, a calculus lecture scheduled for 3:30 PM in the Crawford Building, does not look to be quite as bearable.
BREAKING NEWS: JUST AS I WAS WRITING THIS, I CHECKED MY EMAIL AND RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOOL ANNOUNCING THAT THE UNIVERSITY WILL BE CLOSED AT 3:00. JUST IN TIME TO NOT HAVE TO BIKE IN THE RAIN!

No comments: