Tuesday, August 19, 2008

7:26 PM - A Calm Time for Pictures

My roommate and fellow meteorologist, JJ, and I just came back from a short 10-minute walk around a small part of the campus here at FIT. We found a VERY flooded Crane Creek (at least 2-3 vertical feet above normal) and some other flooded areas around campus. Here's a couple of pictures we took on our walk...I also have some video that I am working on uploading now.
Note: The water shown in the still pictures here is not Crane Creek. I have video of Crane Creek to post soon. Also, the places where we took photos and video were fairly sheltered by buildings and trees...The wind is significantly stronger in open areas...Maybe we will get some video of that later tonight.

Currently, the pressure is holding around 1000.6 mb, but will contiune to trend downward as Fay's still well-formed eye approaches. Stay tuned.

No comments: